FD Recruit have another Head of Finance Job Vacancy for a Blackpool based client – handled by our North West Team.
Our client is a growing £50m turnover importer and wholesaler who are looking to appoint their first Head of Finance to assist with their continued expansion. The head of finance reports directly into the Managing Director and requires an individual with previous experience of managing the finance function for a privately owned SME business. This will be a very varied role and is a key appointment to support the strategic plans to optimise growth going forward.
- Prepare management accounts and develop management information to help the MD and senior management run the business.
- Liaison with all departments to ensure finance adds value and helps improve performance
- Develop departmental reporting and ongoing development of KPI’s e.g. margin analysis by product / customer to identify trends etc.
- Streamline current reporting packs to ensure meaningful MI
- Budget preparation, forecasts and cashflows
- Cost review and proactive suggestion of areas of improvement in profitability
- Provide financial support to the importing process, currency management & hedging
- Preparation of year end accounts and tax returns
- P11d preparation, VAT review and payment, liaison with HMRC
- Liaise with the banks, invoice finance companies and auditors when necessary
Key areas to address:
- Mentor & develop current finance function
- Management of working capital & debt finance to support investment
- Creating a fit for purpose finance function to suit a growing business.
- Stock control and management of rebates & returns
- Distribution costs, loss & damage claims
- Improve systems and procedures across the business to develop accurate and meaningful finance information
- Establish robust finance processes to support development of automated activities.
The position would suit an outgoing individual confident enough to make suggestions, seek out solutions and challenge the MD and senior management where necessary. It is vital that this candidate is able to add value from the start and can take some of the pressures of running a business away from the MD. To be considered you will be a fully qualified financial controller or finance director with a minimum of 5 years PQE and any experience of import / wholesale would be a distinct advantage.
To see further information about Finance Director Recruitment please see the Full-Time Finance Director Services section of our website.
PREVIOUSLY VIEWED FINANCE DIRECTOR JOBS: