CFO Salary Guide
Our salary survey has been put together in order to help companies or candidates decide what the market rate is for a CFO within 53 UK regions. For smaller businesses, please see our Finance Director salary guide.
When deciding what salary to pay you should always seek expert advice from a specialist FD or CFO recruitment professional who will be able to advise on any latest trends. The CFO salary guide is just that (a guide) and when deciding what to pay there are many factors that will impact where your salary should be in relation to the average. Such factors can be:
- The sector, some industries pay more than others
- The exact geographical location of the role within the region
- The overall calibre of candidate required for the position
- A shortage or oversupply of candidates
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Qualifications of the candidates
- Whether the candidate is being enticed from their existing position
- The additional benefits you offer
- Certain additional personality traits
- Personal salary expectations of a particular candidate
Our UK CFO Salary Guide is split into 53 regions and can be downloaded via the link below.
Benefits for a CFO usually vary but on the whole include car, contributory pension, healthcare, and bonus. Factors that will affect individual results will be: years of experience, qualifications, variations within a region, and individual organisational complexities. The results are to be used as a guide only and specialist advice should be taken on an individual basis.
Video: Finance Director & CFO Salary Guide
Please see the below video for salary bands…
Interested in speaking to a leading CFO Recruiter with specialist knowledge of your region?