Our Client is a £50m turnover international exporter who are recruiting a Finance Director to run the finance function at one of their key autonomous manufacturing subsidiaries. You will report to the Commercial Director and your responsibilities will encompass:
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Preparation of monthly accounts, KPI’s and other key reports within Group deadlines
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function.
- Robust costing and stock/inventory understanding
- Co-ordinating the input to (and then preparing) the Annual Budget and cash flow forecasts.
- Liaising with auditors ensuring year-end audit runs smoothly and within deadlines.
- Treasury management including FX cover, cash flow management, control over accounts payables and receivables and relationship with Bankers.
- Overseeing preparation of quarterly VAT returns, monthly Intrastat submissions and other such government reporting.
- Co-ordinating all contractual and legal obligations.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, Auditors, Bank and Insurers.
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director and other Senior Executives
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally, financial and non-financial information.
- Provide leadership to the wider business.
- Manage one HR direct report.
- Responsible for IT manager
Our client is looking for either a practice or industry trained accountant and you will either be a financial controller making their first move into a finance director position or an existing FD. They seek a proactive and enthusiastic individual who is willing to roll up their sleeves within finance and progressively take on wider operational responsibilities including procurement and logistics. This is an excellent and varied opportunity in a well-established international employer where hard work is embraced and rewarded.