Part Time CFO, 3 days per week (Home based with Overseas Travel)
Our client is an international clothing manufacturer who are looking to recruit a Part Time CFO based in the UK with occasional travel to their Chinese manufacturing facilities. The role will report to the owners and will assist the business in optimising operational efficiencies as well as maximising global tax breaks. The role of the CFO is to assume overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations with the most profitable outcomes.
About the Role
• Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director and other Senior Executives.
• Provide leadership to the owners regarding the accounting strategy and to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
• Take overall control of the company’s accounting function
• Ensure that company’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
• Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
• Lead and develop the finance team.
• Work with senior executives to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
• Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
• Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
• Present annual accounts.
• Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
• Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
• Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
• Working capital management including, inventory management, WIP and order completion
• Input into client contracts regarding payment schedules
• A commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
• Exceptional communication skills at all levels
• Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
• High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence
• Experience of international trade and taxation
• Qualified member of a UK accountancy body (ESSENTIAL)
• At least 15 years’ experience as a CFO / Finance Director (ESSENTIAL)
• Significant experience of Chinese manufacturing facilities and accounting policies (ESSENTIAL)
• Experience of textile manufacturing, ideally garment / apparel. (HIGHLY DESIREABLE)
The first initial 6 weeks will be spent on site at their Chinese manufacturing facility and it is envisaged there will be 2-3 weeks travel every quarter. The initial 3-6 months will probably be full-time in order to implement the systems and procedures to enable efficient working processes going forward and this will include the introduction of a new accounting system. After the initial period the hours required will be the equivalent of 3 working days spread across the working week.
Due to the travel requirements and the flexibility needed it is envisaged that the role would suit an experienced finance director who is looking for part time hours with one employer and not as part of a portfolio of clients. The package will be pro rata of $100,000 USD per annum i.e. $60,000 (circa £48,000) for 3 days per week.