Our client is a professional services organisation who are looking for a hands on Part Time Finance Director / Finance Manager for 1-2 days per week.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be tasked with:
- Producing monthly management accounts and providing commentary on areas of variance and drivers.
- The preparation and presentation of the annual budgets and key performance statistics to the Managing Director and other senior level stakeholders.
- The preparation of the annual financial accounts in liaison with our external accountants
- Examining all financial reports and interrogating data closely to check for any discrepancies
- Cost analysis and reporting – highlighting opportunities to improve business performance through efficiency gains.
- Business planning/scenario modelling assisting the Managing Director with their strategic decision making process.
- Overseeing and take responsibility for all of the accounts function
- Preparing any internal reports as required by management
- Creating systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting functions, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported
- Preparing the quarterly VAT returns and other HMRC documentation
- Preparing P45’s, P60’s and P11 D’s
- Dealing with any HMRC issues, if necessary with the Company’s tax advisors
- Prepare the payroll
- Day-to-day cash flow management and reporting
- Preparing annual budgets
- Integrating any new division’s/companies financial systems with the main systems
- Ensuring all financial controls are at a satisfactory level
- Maintaining accounting computerised systems as required
- Any other request from the Managing Director
To be considered for this role you will be:
An advanced Excel User
A confident communicator with experience of partnering with senior level stakeholders
Experience of the Professional Services sector where time is recorded and invoiced is essential