FD Recruit have another interim Finance Director Job Vacancy for a East Sussex based client – handled by our South East Team.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for a tenured Interim Finance Director to join a newly created business entity carved out from a larger group and formed following a very recent Private Equity backed MBO. Based near Hastings, this well respected operation, require a commercially focussed senior finance professional to provide stability to finance and offer commercial support across the organisation during this crucial start up period and to deputise operationally in the Managing Director’s and Production Director’s absence while we recruit a permanent FD for the business.
Previous experience of working for a Private Equity backed business as an FD is essential and within Manufacturing or a Construction Products related business is highly desirable.
Key duties will encompass:
- Establish a fit for purpose finance function;
- Implement, develop and maintain appropriate finance systems and processes to control and manage the company’s financial affairs;
- Manage the finance and, with the Managing Director, commercial, administration and production teams;
- Work with the executive team to establish the company’s budgeting, forecasting and other planning tools;
- Prepare and review budgets;
- Update forecasts with risks and opportunities to current plan;
- Monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Analyse historic performance data, understand and explain variances and implement improvements;
- Work closely with managers and colleagues to plan, monitor and report on performance against budgets;
- Implement comprehensive treasury and cash management operations including 13 week cash flows and foreign exchange planning (USD, EUR and GBP);
- Prepare finance reports, including cash flow forecasts, as required;
- Organise and prioritise workloads and work to strict timetables;
- Analyse impacts of change and advise accordingly;
- With the MD, formulate strategic and long-term finance plans;
- Research and report on factors influencing change performance.
- Oversee the work and performance of the Accounts Assistant;
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation and help ensure best financial management practice is always applied;
- Manage the company’s VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE and other tax affairs;
- Manage the company’s legal and company secretarial affairs, IT and HR capabilities
- A degree and appropriate professional Certification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) – Qualified accountant.
- Strong commercial awareness with good basic financial knowledge and experience
- Experience of utilising financial software and strong MS Excel skills.
- Ability to simplify problems in order to explore and evaluate them systematically with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to spot errors and mistakes at an early stage.
- Ability to communicate easily with non-finance staff with experience of interacting with all levels within a business including operational managers – a good networker who can build trusting relationships and can motivate others.
- Ability to prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver results to tight deadlines.
- Enthusiasm, resilience, drive and commitment;
- Creative and analytical problem solving skills to ensure effective delivery of outcomes.
- Strong numeric skills, logic and quick thinking;
- Being discrete with excellent inter-personal and communications skills.
- Experience of risk assessment and management;
- Methods and techniques for preparing and presenting business cases, and delivering effective reports and presentations;
- Experience of managing tax, legal, IT and HR affairs.
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge from outside own area of expertise;
- Passionate about ensuring that all products and services are delivered in the best possible way, with customer focus;
- Looks to leverage knowledge, experience, approaches/solutions from different parts of the Group;
- Continual search for quicker, repeatable solutions to common risks
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for their next Interim role to add to their portfolio and to work with a well-respected Private Equity boutique.
To see further information about our Interim Finance Director Services please see the Interim FD section of our website.
SIMILAR JOBS OTHERS VIEWED:
Interim Finance Director, Bedfordshire
Interim Finance Director, West Sussex
Interim Finance Director, Hampshire
Interim Finance Director, South Coast
Interim Finance Director, Surrey
Interim Finance Director, Thames Valley
Interim Finance Director, West Sussex