An opportunity has arisen for a permanent, full-time Head of Finance within a £2.5 million turnover market leading business that has experienced sustainable growth since its inception in 2000, both organically and through acquisition. They require a hands-on finance professional to provide finance, accounting and commercial support across the organisation. Reporting to the Non-Executive FD and the CEO, the successful candidate will lead a small Finance team, with the responsibility of ensuring the smooth running of the finance function during this crucial time.
Key duties will encompass:
- Production of timely, accurate and meaningful financial reports and analysis to local and national senior management and to head office
- Oversee all daily, weekly and monthly transactional requirements
- Developing a robust finance and back office team
- Manage cash flow by tracking and monitoring transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supporting and challenging budget owners to meet targets and deliver budgets and obtain best value
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Qualified Accountant ACA / ACCA / CIMA, ideally with 2-5 years post qualified experience, preferably in the media, retail or technology sectors
- A motivated finance professional with an eye for detail and a passion for adding value
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Works well under pressure in fast paced environment
- Strong technical, problem solving and analytical skills
- Sound in IT systems and process driven
This role would suit an experienced Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Management Accountant or SME Finance Director, looking for a varied position. This is a great opportunity to make a significant, long term impact in a growing company with the potential for career progression and personal development opportunities for a determined individual who is ready to make their mark.
Registered candidates will be considered for every vacancy matching their search criteria.