Finance Director Job Description
Below are a few generic responsibilities of a Finance Director. When you register your vacancy with FD Recruit we will design you a bespoke job description that will be tailored exactly to your needs.
Duties will be entirely dependent on several factors including whether your business is domestic or international, and the roles and responsibilities will need to be shaped around your existing finance structure.
You can download a generic finance director job description here.
Job Description for a Finance Director detailing responsibilities and duties for a typical FD role.
Working alongside a business’ MD or CEO, the Finance Director will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
The role of the Finance Director has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
Often managing and leading a team through difficult periods including month end, year end and annual budgeting, a Finance Director would have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, often having to work with various departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets.
In periods of change and growth an effective Finance Director is critical, coordinating corporate finance and managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions as appropriate.
FD duties and responsibilities
A Finance Director will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, other Senior Executives and Non Executives.
- Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business driv….TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Video: Finance Director Job Description
Please see our video below for an overview of what should be included in a finance director job description:
OTHER USEFUL PAGES
- Finance Director Salary Survey, What should you expect to pay?
- Recruiting Tips to secure talented Finance Directors.
- Finance Director Packages, What benefits should be included.
- Equity, Should it be offered?
- Financial Controller Job Description
Require assistance in securing a high calibre FD? Please visit our location pages and speak to one of our specialist recruiters today!
Are you looking to recruit an FD or CFO?