FD Recruit have another interim Finance Director Job Vacancy for a Bristol based client - handled by our South West Team.
A well-known charitable organisation are looking for an interim Finance Director, initially for 6 months, to work with the senior team to provide financial support during a period of change.
The main tasks will be overseeing year end, the audit and production of the financial report and accounts. Also, you will be managing the finance department, ensuring the smooth running of all transactional elements and that timely and accurate reports are available for SMT and trustee board and committees. At some point a review of the finance department structure and capabilities will be required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide accounting services for use by managers in planning and controlling the work of the charity. This includes financial accounting, management accounting, forecasting, and budgeting and control systems.
- Provide financial modelling to contribute to the preparation of the charity’s strategic plan.
- Ensure the provision of accurate and timely management information to the Finance and Audit Committee (FAC) and quarterly management information to Trustees
- Preparation of quarterly forecasts. Liaising with SMT/budget holders and supporting them to manage within their budget in year. The financial position is tight so a pro-active approach to budget scrutiny and management and forecasting is key.
- Advise the Director and Trustees on any financial issues which arise and which are outside the agreed boundaries of management authority, e.g. proposed major new fundraising initiative or contract for service provision.
- Maintain records to meet legal and tax requirements and to measure both the inputs and the outcomes of the charity’s operations.
- Service the Trustees with regular financial reports and liaise with the chairs of the sub committees.
- Plan and manage the charity’s tax liabilities under existing and proposed legislation. Evaluate the tax liability impact of contemplated courses of action, minimise the tax burden and deal with tax authorities.
- Prepare the statutory annual accounts including financial statements.
- Plan and manage cash flow and investment activity in consultation with the investment advisers, the Director, Trustees and FAC.
- Ensure appropriate insurance cover is in place for all the charity’s requirements and manage a cost effective renewal process through our service providers.
- Provide information to support the grant application process.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified technically strong accountant, experienced at senior level with the ability to pick things up quickly, be organised and have excellent attention to detail.
To see further information about our Interim Finance Director Services please see the Interim FD section of our website.
PREVIOUSLY VIEWED INTERIM FINANCE DIRECTOR JOBS:
Interim Finance Director, Swindon, Wiltshire
Interim Finance Director, Bath, Somerset
Interim Finance Director, Weston-super-Mare, Somerset
Interim Finance Director, Taunton, Somerset
Interim Finance Director, Filton, South West
Registered candidates will be considered for every vacancy matching their search criteria.