FD Recruit have another Finance Director Job Vacancy for a Doncaster based client - handled by our Yorkshire Team.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented Finance Director within a market-leading insurance company based in Doncaster.
Finance Director, £60-80K + Benefits (depending on experience)
Our client is a growing, niche manufacturer who serve an international client base and as a result of continued expansion are looking for a commercially focused head of finance to support the board of directors. The organisation is seeking a talented individual to drive financial strategy and provide expert advice at board level. Working alongside the Managing Directors, the Finance Director will not only be an exceptional business manager and accountant who is hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
The role has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of group strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable financial and operational strategies and outcomes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions, leading and developing the financial teams in each company in the Group.
- Contribute fully to the development of the strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Provide leadership to the Group Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, the introduction of new programs / strategies and regulatory requirements.
- Take a hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive costing system across the Group.
- Bring consistency and standardisation to financial management.
- Providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the Managing Directors, Senior Executives and Non-Executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide Executive Management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage and review the processes for corporate and financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Ensure that the regulatory and legislative requirements of all statutory bodies are met, ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with necessary GAAP.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
Skills & experience required
- Experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in multi-national manufacturing and sales organisations
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation and with staff remotely based in multiple countries and locations is essential
- Strong problem solving and creative skills with the ability to make sound decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- A high level of integrity, openness and dependability combined with commitment to excellent governance
- An ability to make and implement crucial recommendations in a timely manner
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to travel aboard monthly is essential.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity for an experienced financial controller or finance director to be involved in a great mix of project work, and the chance to collaborate with an inspiring group of people in an exciting time of growth. Candidates must be strategic thinkers, with great commercial acumen and possess the ability to motivate at all levels.
To see further information about Finance Director Recruitment please see the Full-Time Finance Director Services section of our website.
PREVIOUSLY VIEWED FINANCE DIRECTOR JOBS:
Finance Director, Grimsby, Humberside
Finance Director, Hull, East Yorkshire
Finance Director, Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Finance Director, Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Finance Director, Scunthorpe, Humberside
Registered candidates will be considered for every vacancy matching their search criteria.