FD Recruit have another Finance Director Job Vacancy for a Derby based client - handled by our Midlands Team.
Our Client is an expanding maintenance contractor who is looking for their first Finance Director to assist them with continued growth that will see them quadruple their turnover over the next 5 years. The Finance Director will take responsibility for the businesses Finance, IT and HR functions and will also provide leadership for a small team. This is a key time in an aggressive expansion plan for the business and the incoming Finance Director will be expected to operate at both a hands-on and a strategic level.
- Preparation of the annual Budget, forecasts and Business Plan
- Development of the strategic plan together with fellow Directors
- Liaison with external auditors and other professional advisors
- Management and development of the finance & admin team of 4
- Responsibility for production of financial information and KPIs including the Monthly management accounts and variance analysis, rolling weekly cash flow forecast, statutory accounts
- Providing guidance and support to the directors on all relevant matters.
- Management of the company’s funds to ensure optimum cash balances & contact with external bankers.
- Production of VAT return and liaise with Professional Advisors on all tax affairs
- To lead and monitor all financial systems and controls on an ongoing basis & make improvements where necessary.
- Assist management in achieving company standards.
- Promote good controls around internal project work and liaise with supply chain to ensure good controls are in place.
- Involvement in evaluation of business propositions and business ideas.
- Involvement in relevant grant applications where applicable.
- Lead the update of the accounting & job costing system.
To be considered for this position you will be a qualified accountant with previous experience as a financial controller or finance director or you will be a practice trained accountant with experience of working with SME clients. The client is looking for someone who is ambitious, commercially minded and has a passion for growing SME businesses.
To see further information about Finance Director Recruitment please see the Full-Time Finance Director Services section of our website.
PREVIOUSLY VIEWED FINANCE DIRECTOR JOBS:
Finance Director, Nottingham, East Midlands
Finance Director, Leicester, Leicestershire
Finance Director, Chesterfield, East Midlands
Finance Director, Mansfield, East Midlands
Finance Director, Loughborough, Leicestershire
Registered candidates will be considered for every vacancy matching their search criteria.