FD Recruit have another Finance Director Job Vacancy for a Cambridge based client - handled by our Cambridgeshire Team.
Our client is a long established, successful privately-owned Group operating in a niche sector. They take pride in their reputation for quality, reliability, service and have a strong commitment to their staff. Group companies operate within the retail and services sector and have production facilities within the UK. They offer excellence in products and services and adopt leading edge technology to ensure operational and management efficiency. They seek a hands-on, ambitious and progressive FD Designate to report to the Group FD, who currently works on a part time basis. Longer term it is expected that this individual will progress to take over the Group FD role on a full-time basis. You will manage the finance function and provide operational and strategic support. As the Group has offices/operations in London and Cambridge the role will require time spent in both locations with flexibility in terms of the main base.
- Responsibility for the group’s financial operations, control and reporting to include budgeting, planning, treasury and finance
- Attendance at board meetings to contribute strategically and operationally, in addition to advising on governance issues
- Working closely with Senior Management and Department Heads supporting them both financially and commercially. Actively assisting with improving profitability
- Involvement in future acquisitions in terms of negotiation, due diligence and managing legal and completion aspects
- Lead and manage the finance team of 12, based across 2 locations
- A key member of the Tender Team, with accountability for the Group pricing policy with regards to commercial and regulatory factors
- Formulating and monitoring KPIs on a dynamic basis
- Treasury and cash flow management, Taxation planning and compliance
- Liaison with Auditors, Legal specialists and ensuring Company Secretarial compliance
- Actively support innovation & change, positively influencing process improvements and efficiencies
- Providing positive leadership to the finance team and encouraging excellence in all areas
Required Knowledge and Experience
- You must be a qualified accountant with previous experience of manufacturing and/or retail
- Ideally you will be in a Controller/ Senior Finance position looking to progress
- A highly credible individual with exceptional technical skills, intellectual ability and a hands-on approach
- A high performer and an effective team manager with a proven track record of delivering results and demonstrating commercial leadership
- A flexible approach with excellent communication skills with the ability to engage at all levels with the organization
You would join as a Designate FD with the expectation to progress to Group Finance Director on the board, with international responsibility. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
To see further information about Finance Director Recruitment please see the Full-Time Finance Director Services section of our website.
PREVIOUSLY VIEWED FINANCE DIRECTOR JOBS:
Registered candidates will be considered for every vacancy matching their search criteria.